Previous Blast2GO Versions
If you need to downgrade to a previous version of Blast2GO please download the corresponding installer from here. Please note that you must uninstall any previous installation of Blast2GO first.
Minor Release 5.2.5 (Dec 2018)
- Fix to prevent B2G files from becoming corrupted
Minor Release 5.2.4 (Oct 2018)
- Improve GFF export functions
- Improve error handling on truncated GFF input
- Fix Extract Fasta from GFF feature hierarchy
- Improve GFF/GTF attribute detection
- Improve GTF gene structure visualization
- Fix KEGG objects save issue
- Improve GSEA memory handling
- Improve Workflows inputs/outputs handling
- Improve Generic Statistics side-panel
- Load TimeLogic file parsing improvements
- Minor Fixes
Minor Release 5.2.1 (Sep 2018)
- Import Blast Results: minor bug fixes
- Workflows: minor bug fixes and improvements
- Kegg: memory optimizations
- GO Graphs: memory optimizations when exporting png
- InterPro Scan: improve progress communication
- NCBI Blast: improve communication in case of errors
- Create Count Table: memory and performance optimizations
Highlights of Version 5.2 (Aug 2018)
- Venn Diagrams
- FastQ Pre-Processing (Adapters, Quality, Length)
- Workflows allow regular files as input and output
- Context Menu for GFF and VCF tables
- GSEA with "No Filter" option
- Minor bug fixes and improvements
Minor Release 5.1.12 (Jun 2018)
- Improved Sequence Viewer
- Genome Browser performance improvements
- RNA-Seq De-Novo Assembly report improvements
- Changed colors for up(red)/down(green) regulated pairwise statistics
- KEGG with https connection
- Rfam connection improvements
- Minor bug fixes and improvements
Major Release of Blast2GO Version 5.1 (May 2018)
- FastQ Quality Check
- RNA-Seq DeNovo Assembly
- Combined Genome Browser Visualization
- Support for Variant Call Format
- Merge Blast2GO Projects using the File Manager
- Interactive Heatmap from Pairwise Results
- Network License Support
Major Release of Blast2GO Version 5 (Jan 2018)
- InterProScan in the Cloud (CloudIPS)
- Workflows (Create, View, Run)
- De-Novo Transcript Level Quantification (Fasta + FastQ)
- Blast Result Alignment Viewer
- High Performance GFF File Viewer
- PDF Reports for "RNA-Seq" and "Gene Finding" features
- New Gene Ontology ID-Mapping Strategy (faster, more complete, "gi" independent)
- New design for many result pages
- "Find Similar Sequences" performance improvements
- Faster Species Taxonomy Queries
- Preferences: Define Memory and Temporary Files Settings
- Preferences: Choose Gene Ontology Version: latest or month
- Improved "Cloud Usage" Monitor
Minor Release 4.1.8
- CloudBlast now for multiple Projects in parallel
- Prokaryotic GeneFinding (Glimmer): Improved Perform. and Report
- GO Graph Visualisation: Improved Filtering
- InterProScan: Improved Communication
- Rfam: Merge GOs to Projects
- BioMart: More Stable Data Retrieval
- Minor Bug Fixes
Highlights of Version 4.1 (March 2017)
- RNAseq Read Count to Quantify Expression (BAM + GFF)
- Coding Potential Assessment (CPAT)
- New Result Table (side-panel, tags, colors, filters, context menu)
- Enrichment analysis now for ANY functional label
- Differential Expression Analysis with improved visualisations
- Faster Gene Finding
- Memory and CPU Monitor
- Improved "Extract Fasta" feature (GFF + Ref-Fasta)
- Improved GFF table to easily search and filter attributes
Highlights of Version 4.0.7 (Nov 2016)
- Gene Finding: RNA-Seq Exon Support for Augustus
- Differential Expression Count Table: Improved format check
- GSEA enriched GO Gene-List export feature
- NCBI Blast: Improved application messages
- File Manager: Improved performance
- Minor Bug Fixes
Major Release of Blast2GO Version 4 (Sep 2016)
- Differential Expression Analysis for Pairwise and TimeCourse
- Gene Finding for Eukaryotes and Prokaryotes
- Gene Set Enrichment Analysis (GSEA)
- ID and Sequences Conversion by: Extract Top Hit Sequences via Blast and Blat
- New App Manager now with Blast2GO "Featured" Apps
- Blast2GO Featured App: Create NCBI Submission Files
- New App: Ortholog Group Finder (COG/EggNOG)
- New Load and Export Functions: CountTable, GFF3 Object, ID-Value List, Generic Table
- New Organic Graph Layout
- Generic Table Column have now a (Un)Select All function
- We added Icons to the Load, Export and Context Menu
- Improved QBlast and Local Blast (now version 2.4) behaviour
- Improved Proxy Settings (now available via the activation dialog)
- Fixed InterProScan Bug with ORF prediction
Highlights of version 3.3 (May 2016)
- New BASIC feature: Easily create and blast against a local databases.
- New filters can be applied during the annotation step. These filters allow e.g. to easily perform a "Top-Hit-with-GOs" annotation.
- New feedback forms allows us to improve Blast2GO with the help of your input.
- The new Blast2GO App Manager allows to add additional tools to Blast2GO.
- Predict bacterial protein subcellular localization annotations with PSORTb 3.
- The "Translate longest ORF" feature has now many more options and allows you to choose the open reading frame based on the Top Blast Hit.
- Create distribution charts (dot, bar, line) of any of your generic table columns.
- Easily find and remove highly similar and/or redundant sequences within large datasets using the BLAT algorithm.
Highlights of version 3.2 (Jan 2016)
- Faster Gene Ontology Mapping in BASIC mode via web services (no direct mysql connection with an open network port 3306 needed).
- New interactive offline Gene Ontology graph visualisation.
- Blast results in new XML2 format for improved Gene Ontology Mapping and taxonomy information.
- Analysis history for all Blast2GO files.
- Improved Gene Ontology import for gene symbol, accession and GenBank ID lists.
- Improved InterProScan XML import.
- Merge Blast2GO datasets direclty from within the FileManager.
- Top Blast Hit export now available in the Generic Export function.
- Several new summary charts for the Gene Ontology Mapping and the InterPro step.
Highlights of version 3.1 (Aug 2015)
- Work with multiple datasets in paralell (PRO feature).
- Use the FileManager to organize your datasets and results.
- Save and reopen all analysis results like graphs, charts, enrichments, etc.
- Run RFAM analysis. Detect non-coding RNA, cis-regulatory elements or self-splicing RNAs (via EMBL-EBI webservice).
- WordCloud or Treemap viewer allow to summarize functional profiles.
- Extract FASTA sequences via GFF/GTF files.
- Extract subsets and ID list from your project.
- Customize your sequence table columns (e.g. remove columns you are not interested in).
- A new Fast-Blast option to speed-up your blast results.
Major Release: Version 3 (Nov. 2014)
- Blast2GO in a fresh new look.
- Many performance, design and user interface aspects have been improved.
- Progress bars, application messages and many other tools make working with Blast2GO now more efficient.
Last Blast2GO 2 Release: Version 2.8 (2014)
- Last release of the Blast2GO Java WebStart version.
- The development and maintenance/update of this version is now discontinued.